Twitter

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Contagion

Greetings from the quarantine at the Hampton Inn in Charleston. It is a long story. Let me back up... I like to type the blog from the desktop vs the IPad. The Ipad doesn't allow me to insert pictures or go through spellcheck. Nonetheless, I haven't posted in a long time and have lots to catch up on. Fortunately, being in a motel room all by yourself gives you plenty of time to reflect. How did I end up here? May 5th was going to be one of those busy spring days. I was really worried how I was going to be everywhere. I was supposed (note suppose) to attend my Godson's first communion, host a family friend's daughters bridesmaid's luncheon, attend said wedding at the beach, attend a lower state track meet,attend a family reunion, and tend to the Mt kilamanjaro mountain of paperwork from work. Wife and mom are in there somewhere. As a family, we had figured out a plan. Tuesday evening, my beloved came down with a bug. He never gets sick, so I should have known this was a herculain strain. It had been a tough week at work, but May is always tough. Wednesday evening, I came home and went straight to bed because I was so "tired". In retrospect, that was weird. Thursday, I fumbled through in a fog. Friday was a disaster. I should have called in sick. I will spare you the icky details. I'm just thankful for my doctor that will take last minute appointments and a prescription for Phenergan. I emerged from the fog of illness late Saturday morning. We decided to head for the wedding with me in absentia. The motel room was in my name because I had redeemed my Hilton Honor points. I didn't want the men to be stranded. So, my nice looking men took off for the wedding and I'm watching tv and playing on the iPad. I really am thankful to even play on the iPad, because I sure didn't feel like it 24 hours ago. I feel like Cinderella not even making it to the ball. I can't wait to hear all about it. The moon is supposed to be especially bright this evening. I hope everyone is doing well. Learn from me, get plenty of rest and take your vitamins. Getting sick is no fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment