I thought summer would provide lots of extra time to catch up on things, but I was wrong. As May transitions into summer, it is just a different kind of busy. I'm not complaining, but often fantasize of catching up on my things to do list. Here it is the middle of July and I didn't get one post for June. So, let's move on!
R1 and R2 have either been going 90 mph or 0 mph. It is one or the other. They are too old for Bible school and day camps. But, they are too young for summer jobs. I keep telling them to enjoy the down time while they can. This is the first summer where they have had separate activities. It has been nice to spend one on one time with each of them.
This is called a rambling autobiography that I used in one of my writing classes. You write what comes to mind:
June 2012
finished school-went to Atlanta to visit brother and family- watched nephew's lacrosse tournament- thought lacrosse is a neat sport- started walking 5 miles a day with friends-get up early to walk-cleaned out linen closet- cleaned out boys' old books/clothes- worked in yard- cooked nice dinners- hosted friends for 70th watermelon festival- ran and walked in 2 5k's- saw Snow White and the Huntsman- started part-time job-updated my Ipod-celebrated my 20th wedding anniversary-Mark's grandmother passed away-had friends over for lunch-celebrated Father's day- learned Subway makes a great sandwich platter for entertaining- our priest resigned due to family illness- our church is without a priest right now- sent my oldest to Europe for 10 days- sent my youngest to camp- spent a lot of time in the car- summer storms are scary- did The Today show really kick Ann Curry off the couch?Or, did Ann get dismissed in July? June and July can run together sometimes!
And, then Tom and Katie not only split up but finalized their divorce in two weeks.
I've been trying to be better about my devotional time. Through other blogs, I found:
#SheReadsTruth
It is an online Bible study through the You Version app. I'm really enjoying it so far. I seem to be more focused in my spiritual journey.
I like to think that God is giving signs all the time.
R/R were confirmed in the church in July 2010. We bought them crepe myrtles as a gift in summer 2010 to remind them that God will grow with them. I have babied those trees all year. It didn't look like it was going to bloom this summer. Sure enough, the exact day of the confirmation, the flower bloomed!
Another example:
Last week, I had multiple conversations with different things which involved all kinds of things. What does the movie/book The Help, Michael Jordan, and birthday parties have in common? It was all part of the sermon by a guest priest at our church last Sunday.
My sister and I were talking about the book in a conversation last week. Sure enough, it was part of the sermon concerning the unfair judgement of people.
My youngest son asked me if I had ever been cut from a team in high school. I told him the story about the time I was cut from the softball team (that will have to be for another post). The preacher talked about Michael Jordan getting cut from jv basketball even though Sports Illustrated later disputed it. Nonetheless, it teaches perseverance.
Then, the Gospel that day was about King Herod having John the Baptist beheaded. The request was made during a party. Mark and I had previously discussed the week before how different denominations view things (ie birthday parties, dancing, etc.)
The sermon seemed to tie multiple conversations together.
Lastly, I was the lay reader for the service. My youngest said I looked like Claire Dunphy from Modern Family while I read...
Have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment