Right now, I am reading the biography on Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. I had seen an interview with Isaacson on Face the Nation. I liked his southern background and accent. I downloaded the book to my Kindle.
I had read prior to the book that Steve Jobs was Buddhist. This bothered me and I wanted to see what he was all about. I am about 60% through the book. First of all, I think I would have worked for him for approximately 30 seconds. He constantly berated his employees, held grudges, and took ideas from others. I was especially bothered by how he treated his parents. I keep reading to see if he has any redeeming qualities. He did expect excellence from everyone. There were A, B, and C employees. Your only hope was to be an A employee.
I have enjoyed reading about the advent of the personal computer, the competition with Microsoft/Bill Gates, and the development of Pixar. It is a miracle that Toy Story was ever brought to the big screen.
No doubt that our society has changed because of Apple. There was a funny story about making the Ipod earbuds white versus any other color. I love my Ipod and I have one of the orignal models.
Back to reading... or really, making dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment