Twitter

Friday, December 30, 2011

An interesting discovery

Last evening I was playing around with the blog and trying to figure out templates, inserting pictures, etc.  In a nutshell- I really did not know what I was doing and nearly destroyed what I had.  Thus, I will just let it be for the time being until I figure it out.  I will have to live with the pink background!
This afternoon, I wanted the boys to change their sheets.  While they can do the assigned task, it sometimes seems like they need a little supervision.  Reeves wanted to put his flannel sheets on which have been in his closet probably close to 9 months.  When we were unfolding the top sheet,  two Vera Bradley place mats fell out. Ah-ha!  That is where they have been?  For months, I have been wondering what had happen to them.  We finished putting on the sheets and I had a a new task ahead of me.  It was time to clean out the buffet and get it organized.  


For those that know me, I am not a pack rat.  Any item has to have a strong case to stay with me.  I attribute this to moving a lot before getting married.  A little FYI:  this house is the longest I have lived in one place in my entire life.  Back to the buffet... I really can't remember the last time I even considered organizing it.  It has 2 drawers and 2 small cabinets.  I reunited the place mats and put the ones I don't use in the Goodwill pile.  I even found place mats that I didn't know existed.  In one cabinet I found a 3-ring notebook with my name on it.  I spent the rest of the afternoon going through it.  This was from back in the days of the "organized Shell".  I found articles I found interesting (before I had a writers notebook) about child rearing, recipes, menus, design ideas, etc.  It was almost like a time capsule.  My best estimate is that I last touched the notebook circa 2004.
All of this to tell you, I found a typewritten sheet that said:  "God's Handy Chart".  For the life of me, I do not remember where it came from.  I am guessing that it came from another nurse I used to work with- Laura.  There was a little group of us at the hospital (Laura, Cissy, and Carmen).  If we were on the same shift, we would get "prayered up" before our shift.  Laura was excellent at intercessional prayer.  That is one gift I do not have.  Laura would tell me that I needed to memorize scripture (something else I really need to work on).  Getting prayered up was essential because it literally was life and death at the hospital.
Back to the sheet:
It had things we say and what God says:
If I say:  "It's impossible"
God says:  "All things are possible" (Luke 18:27)


If I say:  "I can't manage"
God says:  "I will supply all your needs" (Philippians 4:19)


If I say:  " I'm afraid"
God says:  "I have not given you a spirit of fear" (Timothy II 1:7)


I'm going to put the sheet in a more visible spot.


Enjoy the last day of 2011! 


P.S.  I finished reading Steve Jobs.  I still think the man was not very nice and had a lot of social issues.  However, it was fascinating reading about how the man operated.  Jobs' next conquest was going to be the education textbook industry.  I believe he used the words that he was going to "crush" the textbook industry.  Jobs felt like Ipads should be in every school.  He had his cancer cells genomed (I'm really not sure if that is a word) and paid $100,000 to do it (pocket change for him).  But, by having his cells mapped out, a lot of research will be developed because of it.


Shell Blog A Lot

No comments:

Post a Comment