2012
Yesterday, I was in the mood for "out with the old". My mission originally started in cleaning out the lazy susan in the kitchen. From there, I ended up taking everything out of the kitchen cabinets and starting over. Shelves were wiped down, food was thrown out, and tops were reunited with bowls. It took way more time than I had anticipated, but I was on a roll. I feel like I have moved into a brand new kitchen.
We brought in the new year at the Polar Bear 5K in Bluffton. We met Zina and Jeff at the movie theater and received our t-shirts and bibs.
Zina and I weren't even pretending to run the thing. We planned to walk and talk. All of the men signed up to run. Most of the people at these races are the same. You have the serious runners. You have the baby jog strollers. This time there were two guys that brought a lot of entertainment. They parked by us. They were talking loudly and at one point I wasn't sure if they were talking to us. Then again, I wasn't sure if they were still feeling the effects of revelry from the prior evening. One guy was asking us: "are you here to WIN". The Charlie Sheen type guys had no shirts and weighted vests. One had a kettle ball and one had a huge black pole. The race began and everyone took off. Zina and I followed. Jeff and Mark reported that the kettle ball and pole man repeatedly would stop and throw up and run on. You just don't see those types at 5K's... at least I don't. We celebrated the race afterwards at Wild Wings. Wild Wings, naturally, negated all the positive effects of walking. It was fun to bring in the new year with good friends.
When we returned home, everyone cleaned up. Mark brought to my attention that a dog had snapped at him while he was running. They had dogs at the race with vests on that said "adopt me" running with foster people. Anyway, sure enough, right on Mark's backside is where the dog bit him. The puncture wasn't too deep. So much for the dog getting adopted. So between the dog and Charlie Sheen guys, it was an interesting race.
As far as new years resolutions-
- Weight Watchers will begin on Tuesday
- Regular Exercise
- Better job with devotions
- I need to come up with something else... oh yeah, work on this blog.
Happy New Year to you and yours!! Good luck with re-entry to the real world!
Shell Blog-A-Lot
No comments:
Post a Comment