Twitter

Sunday, February 19, 2012

What you can't cure, you endure

Famous words from my aunt Lena today: " what you can't cure, you endure". We had gathered to celebrate Miles birthday. I wasn't feeling good and considered not going. I pulled myself together and showed up. I figured the pain wasn't going to go away whether I was home or not. Hanging out on the front porch swing with my grandmother and her twin, gave me plenty of wisdom. They don't complain- they just tell it like it is. They are 91 years old but talk about how : " old people act". We compared doctor visits and prescriptions and their resolve seems so much stronger than mine. Aunt Lena said she didn't mind going to a nursing home but she would need a private room. She has a friend in the nursing home right now and the friends roommate annoys the heck out of her. When Aunt Lena have me the cure/endure quote I thought it was applicable on so many levels of my life right now. The afternoon came to a close and they drove off like Thelma and Louise. They said they are up to renew their licenses this year, so they are going to drive: "while they can". I am so blessed to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment